Friday, March 18, 2011

The Great Aether

Oh hey once again.  While watching an episode of cash cab I heard a word that I haven't heard in many years, aether.


If you don't know what that is, it's another word for outer space.  I am fascinated by the concept of a never ending, always expanding cosmos. The mystery of it all intrigues the hell out of me.  There are so many things that can't be explained and so many things that probably haven't been discovered.  To think that we haven't even explored our own planet fully, one can only wonder how many anomalies there are in the vastness of space.  Nothing would please me more than to be alive when they discover a life form other than just a few traces of "space bacteria."  I want a full blown life form that has 30 legs and 15 eyes that don't even look like eyes.  But heaven forbid it should have 3 nipples cause that would be weird.... *cough* *cough*  But I digress.   The chances of there being a life form out there would have to be 100%.  There is just to much out there for there not to be.  My only concern is that when we find them or when "they" find us that all hell doesn't break loose.  I know what happens when a technologically advanced entity invades a new land.  If you don't believe me think back to the discovery of America itself.  Once again I go off topic.  Another concern of mine is that if we do get attacked by an alien species, and not the boarder hopping type, that Will Smith will still be alive to save us all. 


But why worry about the hostility of outer space, when you can enjoy its beauty.  Next time you are having a rough day or things aren't going your way, go outside at night and just gaze up at the stars.  Maybe go to a nice secluded beach that's a short walk through the water, lay out a blanket and relax with your special someone, while looking up at the night sky.  I promise you, you won't regret it.  I never did.  Well everyone it's Friday and the weekend.  I hope everyone has a fun and exciting weekend.  I leave you with this video enjoy....


No comments:

Post a Comment