Monday, March 28, 2011

Nickelodean, The Good Days

Quote(s) of The Day

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?


Video(s) of The Day





KICKING IT OLD SCHOOL!


Oh hey people.  I've said this for a long time but just recently it's been brought back up by some of my friends, but Nickelodean in the 90's had by far the best shows.  Whether it was a cartoon or their many "sitcoms" they were all very quality shows.  They were much more entertaining than the garbage shows they have now.  I'm not just talking about shows on Nickelodean, but most shows on television.  I could watch old school Nick shows all day.
My all time favorite show was Salute Your Shorts.  It was a pretty funny show and it was just all around entertaining to watch.  Some of the other actor based shows were shows like, Are You Afraid Of The Dark,


The camp fire stories weren't that scary and the acting was average, but once again it was just entertaining.  I still would watch this over most of the stuff today.  It was also during prime time afternoon television, so I didn't really have a choice but to watch it.  Another show that was on and was quite weird was, The Adventures of Pete and Pete,

I don't remember to much from this show.  I can't recall the plot or how each character interacted with each other.  I do however remember Artie, the strongest man... in the world.  He also had a tattoo of a female flamenco dancer which he named Petunia, and he would wiggle his arm to make her "dance."  The one show I couldn't stand watching for some reason was Hey Dude.
For some reason life on a ranch did not spark any interest in me at all.  The characters were bland and the episodes were actually kinda boring.  This definitely was not one of the good shows.  They can't all be winners.  I did however love watching the competition shows on Nick.  They had all kinds of shows that I would've loved to have been on.  Wild & Crazy kids was a good show that had ridiculous games but the two shows I wanted to go on was Legend of The Hidden Temple and GUTS. 



Those were all great shows but the cartoons were the really great shows.  If you missed out on any of them you had a terrible childhood.  There were greats like Kablam, Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Doug, and Ahh Real Monsters.  Two of the best cartoons on Nick though would have to be Hey Arnold, and Rocko's Modern Life.  Because of crazy infringement laws I could not find suitable videos to show you just how great these shows were, but believe me when I say they were amazing.  I know this post was very vague in describing the shows, but if you ever get a chance to watch any of these shows I highly recommend that you do.  If they had a channel that played all these old school shows I'd most likely watch it all day.  What happened to the creativity of the writing shows that were just pure entertainment, and fun?  It makes me sad that I will most likely never be able to see any of these shows again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment