Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jackie Chan is AWESOME!

Quote(s) of The Day

Some people are like clouds. When they disappear, it's a brighter day.

Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
                                                                                        -Robert Heinlein

Video(s) of The Day 
 If your comp can handle 1080p or even 720p I suggest you watch it at the highest quality possible.


I Don't Want to Fight This Guy

Oh hey.  Just recently I saw a movie that I like staring Jackie Chan called, Rumble in the Bronx.  It's an alright movie, but the fight scenes in it were simply amazing.  Unfortunately it was on T.V. so I couldn't rewind it or fast forward it to the good parts.  If Jackie Chan is in it you can bet dollars to donuts that there will be at least 200+ punches thrown.  His movies recently are pretty terrible, but when you dive deep into his earlier films he is quite amazing.  I'm just gonna throw up a few of my favorite fight scenes that he has. 





Those clips are from a lesser known movie called, Gorgeous.  Jackie plays a millionaire who owns a warehouse full of recyclables.  He meets a young girl who claims to be the girlfriend of a mob boss and all the while his long time friend and rival is trying to destroy his business.  The story itself is pretty terrible but the action in this movie is great.  Also the training montage in this one is one that makes me wish I was him.  Some of his earlier films, such as Wheels on Meals and Dragons Forever, had in my opinion the best Jackie Chan fight scenes because they were down right gritty and amazing.  They also featured a man name Benny "the Jet" Urquidez, and if you don't know who that is he is the man who pretty much started kick boxing in America.  


I gotta say though, even at his age now he still moves relatively well.  I just can't stand his current films.  I mean have you seen the new Karate Kid (or as it should be called "The Kung Fu Kid" or "My Father Bought Me This Role")  Jackie beats up 10 year old kids.  Unless he starts making films like he did in his prime, I might be done watching his movies.  But thank god for YouTube, so I can watch all of his greatest moments without any of the terrible plot.  If he has enough in the tank to pull off movies with actions scenes like this,

I might be spending some money to see it, but until then I'm gonna have to continue to watch his glory days online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment