Sunday, April 17, 2011

With A Meaning

Quote(s) of The Day

If you don't go after it, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you'll always be in the same place.


Video(s) of The Day
Where do I sign up?





Songs I've Been Stuck On


    Oh hey.  I've been jamming a few songs lately that I just can't stop listening to.  Some are new hits that everyone knows and some are forgotten gems.  Also some of the local songs from Hawaii that are always amazing.  Music is always a good way to get lost and a good way to relax and think things through.  Sometimes the lyrics are exactly how you feel and sometimes it's like they sang it specifically for your life.  Have you ever just put music on for hours and just reflected on things in your life?  The things is it's either going to transport you to your own world or bring you back to reality.   Either way, listening to music is a new experience every time.
    This first song is just catchy as all Hell and it's getting praise from all my friends and they are quite right.  I have been a Lupe Fiasco fan since back in the Kick Push days back in 2006, and even saw him perform his new single Super Star before his album had dropped.  This new jam is just as catchy as his other stuff and I'm digging it.
  This next song came up while searching for something else but I had never heard it ever before.  I thought that I had heard my share of Michael Jackson songs, but this one slipped under the radar somehow.  It is a very strong song and though I wouldn't put it near the top 10 best Michael Jackson songs it's still better than most of them.   Also don't mind the terrible video, it's the song that matters.  

   On May 1st I plan to be hearing this next song live and I am super pumped for that.  SOJA day on this blog will come just like Katchafire day.  The styles are different, but SOJA is heavier in terms of the lyrics.  Just listen to this and fall in love with this band.

Ok this next song I have given the title of sexiest song ever.  There's a reason that I find this song super hot, but that's for me to know.  I'm not the biggest Anuhea fan or actually I'm not one at all, but she knocks this song out of the park.  If she was better looking I'd probably never stop playing this song. 
   To keep the local jams going you can't ever go wrong with J Boog. He's been pumping out some good songs lately.  Literally all of them have been good.  I can't wait to see him headline SOJA along with the Green. Here's one of his songs that I've been listening to a lot as of late.


   This next song is a little mushy, but it makes me miss home a lot.  Only thing about it I don't like is that most of Michael BublĂ©'s music sounds the same, but it's really the lyrics in this one.  



   Can we agree that Talib Kweli and Mos Def  are two of the greatest rappers and hip hop artists ever.  I remember that my sister was a Kweli fan before me, and she bought me a ticket to a concert at Pipeline cafe in 2006.  We had gotten there early and stood literally right in the front, up against the stage.  It was an amazing concert and since then I've been a huge Talib fan.  I've been a Mos Def fan for a while, and he is pretty funny as an actor, if you don't believe me watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.  Both of their beats are sick and his rhymes are fresh.  Just check out a few of their songs.






    Ok ok so this post is sorta boring and I know that cause I was bored writing it.  Hopefully you can enjoy this next song and have a little chuckle.  



Alright, I'm just gonna put up all the songs that I have open at the moment.  I would apologize for the terribleness of this post, but I could really care less how bad it is at this point.  I appreciate you still for making your way through this mess of a post.  I will try and make it up to everyone in the next one... don't hold your breath though cause who knows what the topic will be about.





No comments:

Post a Comment